IoT Data Analytics and Storage
- Unit Outline
- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
About this course
Gain valuable insights from your IoT data to help your business succeed.
Are you ready to help your business begin realizing the business benefits promised by the Internet of Things revolution? Do you want to discover the hidden insights waiting in your business data?
In this course, you will learn how to make the most of your live-stream and historical telemetry data that is being produced by the IoT devices and sensors that support your business.
- How IoT is used to achieve business goals
- How to establish 2-way communication between devices (either real or simulated) and the IoT Hub.
What you will learn
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe typical telemetry data produced by Azure IoT devices
- Explain various strategies for analyzing IoT data
- Explain the differences between warm and cold storage and how each technology is best used
- Describe how Azure Data Lake can be used for cold storage
- Explain the process for processing IoT data with IoT Hub, Data Lake Analytics, and Data Lake Storage
- Understand strategies for querying and analyzing Azure Data Lake data sets
- Identify the benefits of warm storage
- Identify operational vs. archive data sets from IoT
- Provision and configure Azure Cosmos DB
- Integrate Azure Cosmos DB with Azure Stream Analytics
- Write IoT data into Cosmos DB as Warm Storage
- Query Cosmos DB for IoT data
- Explain the role of IoT Edge devices in analyzing and acting on telemetry data
- Describe use cases for running analytics on edge devices
- Modify web-based stream analytics jobs for edge deployment
- Deploy analytics jobs onto edge devices
- Deploy other analytics code onto edge devices
- Combine streaming data with reference data in queries
- Write queries with different types of time windows
- Chain together streaming analytics jobs, to allow more sophisticated inputs and outputs
- Combine warm and cold storage strategies with edge analytics and strategies to quickly react to telemetry data
- Describe options for performing device management tasks, based on real-time data
Estimate Time : 8-12 hours
Module 1: IoT Analytics and Cold Storage
- Lab 1: Configuring the Wind Farm Simulator
- Lab 2: Getting Started with Data Lake Storage and Analytics
Module 2: Warm Storage
- Lab 1: Getting Started with Warm Storage
- Lab 2: Implementing Business System Integration
Module 3: Analytics on the Edge
- Lab 1: Getting Started with IoT Edge
- Lab 2: Implementing Analytics on the Edge
- Lab 3: Deploying an Azure Function to the IoT Edge
Module 4: Advanced Analytics
- Lab 1: Constructing Analytics Queries
- Lab 2: Managing Analytics Topologies
- Lab 3: Device Management and Analytics
Senior Content Developer Microsoft
Chris Howd is a senior content developer at Microsoft who focuses on creating training products for the developer audience. Chris started working at Microsoft in 1999, just before the first .NET Framework products were released as beta previews, and has been involved in supporting the launch of .NET products ever since. Most recently, Chris has been working on developer training that supports Microsoft Azure PaaS, Azure IoT solutions, Windows 10 UWP, and Windows 10 IoT Core.
Owner/Founder Front Range Systems
Matt is owner and founder of Front Range Systems, a software consulting company focusing on custom software solutions for its clients. Matt has over 16 years of professional development experience, and loves solving complex problems with simple solutions. He has helped organizations through mentorship and training and specializes in professional and enterprise solutions with various technologies including HTML5, AngularJS, ASP.Net, WPF and C#.
Rob Collins has been a developer and consultant for more than 20 years. He has worked with companies ranging from small startups to multinational corporations. He has developed enterprise applications for health care, insurance, and government clients. He has also developed applications for every major entertainment studio. He is currently owner and principal consultant at RCP Consultants, a services company specializing in application architecture and development. Previous employers have included Avanade and EMC.
|Author / Publisher|
When you enrolled into this course you will automatically get a Certificate of Participation for completing the course. An example is provided below.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
There are no reviews yet.