Business Intelligence for IoT Solutions
- Unit Outline
- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
About this course
Discover and report the trends in your business data that lead to insights and improvements. This course will teach you how to use the latest data visualization tools to create reports using historical and live data.
Are you ready to create data visualization reports that help you to discover hidden trends in your business data? Do you want to get up-to-speed on the latest tools?
This course guides students through a series of lab activities that provide hands-on experience querying and visualizing data. After completing this course, students will be able to construct IoT data visualizations that allow a business to gain insights related to its operations.
The first module examines the characteristics of time series data – how it can be used for analysis and prediction. It specifically walks the student through how IoT telemetry data is typically generated as time series data and techniques for managing and analyzing it with Azure Time Series Insights.
Module two takes a closer look at specific features of Azure Time Series Insights – how it can be used to store, analyze and instantly query massive amounts of time series data.
In the third module, students get a general introduction to using Power BI, with specific emphasis on how Power BI can load, transform and visualize IoT data sets.
In the final module, students will move from using BI with static IoT data sets to working with real time streaming IoT data. Students use Azure Stream Analytics as a data source for Power BI and explore the unique capabilities and insights that provides.
- IoT terminology and business goals
- Data analytics tools and techniques
- Modern software development tools
What you will learn
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe when and why to use the Time Series Insights and Power BI data visualization tools
- Install and configure Time Series Insights
- Connect Time Series Insights with IoT Hub and Event Hub
- Configure data retention and create a reference data set
- Build dashboards and heat maps
- Scale the environment and manage resources using templates
- Transform Data using Power BI Desktop
- Model data using the Power BI Desktop
- Visualize data using the Power BI Desktop
- Create a Dashboard using the Power BI Service
- Configure Organization Packs, Security and Groups
- Get your IoT hub ready for data access by adding a consumer group
- Create, configure, and run a Stream Analytics job for data transfer from your IoT hub to your Power BI account
- Create and publish a Power BI report to visualize the data
Estimate Time : 8-12 hours
Module 1: Time Series Data
- Lab 1: Introducing Time Series Insights
- Lab 2: Producing Simulated Data
- Lab 3: Provisioning Time Series Insights
- Lab 4: Analysis with Time Series Insights
Module 2: Visualizing and Querying Data
- Lab 1: Setting Up Data Generation
- Lab 2: Using Time Series Analysis Patterns
- Lab 3: Using Advanced TSI Features
- Lab 4: Managing Time Series Insights
Module 3: Power BI and IoT
- Lab 1: Introducing Power BI
- Lab 2: Transforming Data
- Lab 3: Modeling Data
- Lab 4: Visualizing Data
Module 4: Streaming with Power BI
- Lab 1: Using Power BI with Streaming Data
- Lab 2: Configuring Power BI
- Lab 3: Using Power BI in an IoT architecture
- Lab 4: Sharing Power BI Dashboards
Senior Content Developer Microsoft
Chris Howd is a senior content developer at Microsoft who focuses on creating training products for the developer audience. Chris started working at Microsoft in 1999, just before the first .NET Framework products were released as beta previews, and has been involved in supporting the launch of .NET products ever since. Most recently, Chris has been working on developer training that supports Microsoft Azure PaaS, Azure IoT solutions, Windows 10 UWP, and Windows 10 IoT Core.
Owner/Founder Front Range Systems
Matt is owner and founder of Front Range Systems, a software consulting company focusing on custom software solutions for its clients. Matt has over 16 years of professional development experience, and loves solving complex problems with simple solutions. He has helped organizations through mentorship and training and specializes in professional and enterprise solutions with various technologies including HTML5, AngularJS, ASP.Net, WPF and C#.
Rob Collins has been a developer and consultant for more than 20 years. He has worked with companies ranging from small startups to multinational corporations. He has developed enterprise applications for health care, insurance, and government clients. He has also developed applications for every major entertainment studio. He is currently owner and principal consultant at RCP Consultants, a services company specializing in application architecture and development. Previous employers have included Avanade and EMC.
|Author / Publisher|
When you enrolled into this course you will automatically get a Certificate of Participation for completing the course. An example is provided below.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.