- Unit Outline
- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
About this course
This course is part of the Microsoft Professional Program in DevOps.
This course will cover general application monitoring and feedback loop practices and principles, including different kinds of feedback. You will learn how feedback is used in different stages of the value stream, and its benefits. You will learn about the different kinds of telemetry, who can benefit from it and how it is used to collect data from monitoring.
You will be introduced to Application Performance Management, the monitoring and management of performance and availability of software applications.
We will also cover Health and Performance Monitoring with Application Insights, including which features it contains, how to use it to monitor your application availability, usage, and performance and diagnostics.
The course also covers Log Analytics, including Operations Management Suite (OMS) Log Analytics. It will cover how to set up and configure Log Analytics for data collection and how to use Log Analytics to search and analyze data. It also covers OMS solutions as well as how to configure visualizations and how to configure alerts.
Finally, the course will cover Third-Party Monitoring Tools, including New Relic, Loggly and Nagios Core.
What you’ll learn
- Understand general application monitoring and feedback loop practices and principles.
- The different kinds of feedback and how they are used in different stages of the value stream, and their benefits.
- How to set up up monitoring with Azure Application Insights
- Monitor web application availability
- Search and analyze monitoring data in Application Insights
- How to use and query Application Insights data and Application Maps
- How to set up, configure, query and analyze data collection on Operations Management Suite (OMS) Log Analytics
- How to set up alerts in OMS and integrate Application Insights
- Configure and monitor a web application with New Relic
- Configure and use Loggly
- Experience working in an organization delivering software;
- Knowledge and experience of Microsoft Azure
Estimate Time : 8-16 hours
Module 0 | Course Introduction
- Course Overview
Module 1 | Application Monitoring Practices and Principles
- General App Monitoring and Feedback Loop Practices and Principles
- Application Performance Management
Module 2 | Health and Performance Monitoring with Application Insights
- Application Insights
- Search and Analysis
- Developer Tools
Module 3 | Log Analytics
- Log Analytics
- Connected Sources
- Data Sources
- Log Search
- Data Visualization
- Log Analytics REST API
Module 4 | Integrating Third-Party Monitoring Tools
- New Relic
- Nagios Core current section
Microsoft MVP; Visual Studio ALM Ranger
Tiago is a Microsoft MVP and has been a Visual Studio ALM Ranger since 2008. He has over 17 years experience in the software development field. He started his career developing a web application server on multi-platform systems, enabling people to write software that worked on both Un*x and Windows platforms. Currently, Tiago is a consultant on software development methodologies and software application lifecycle management implementations using Visual Studio to help teams support their development processes.
|Author / Publisher|
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.