- Unit Outline
- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
About this course
This course is part of the Microsoft Professional Program Certificate in IT Support.
IT Support: Hardware Essentials is designed to introduce students to a basic understanding of the different types of computing devices (desktop computers, laptops, tablets, smartphones, etc.), computer components (CPU, memory, power supplies, etc.) as well as peripheral devices, storage devices, displays and connection interfaces.
This course also includes an introduction to basic hardware troubleshooting skills.
What you’ll learn
- Describe computing devices
- Understand PC and laptop hardware components
- Troubleshoot common hardware issues
- Explore mobile and connected devices
- Troubleshoot common mobile device and connected device issues
There is no prerequisites for this course.
Estimate Time : 8-16 hours
Module 1 Computers and Components
- Types of Computing Devices
- Computer Components
- Storage Devices
- Common Peripheral Devices
- Display Devices
- Connection Interfaces
Module 2 Troubleshooting Common Hardware Issues
- Basic Support Measures
- Troubleshoot System Components
- Troubleshoot RAM, Hard Disk, and RAID Arrays
- Troubleshoot Video and Display Issues
- Troubleshoot Printers
Module 3 Mobile and Connected Devices
- Mobile Digital Devices
- Connected Devices
- Mobile and Connected Device Connectivity
Module 4 Troubleshoot Common Mobile Devices
- Troubleshoot Mobile Device Hardware
- Troubleshoot Mobile Device OS
Robert Deupree Jr.
Senior Content Developer
Robert Deupree Jr. is a Senior Content Developer with the Microsoft Learning eXperiences team. After a first career as a marine biologist, Robert joined Microsoft as a biology writer for Encarta Encyclopedia and has continued creating Microsoft training content for over 20 years.
|Author / Publisher|
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.