Implementing a Hybrid and Scure Messaging Platform
- Unit Outline
- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
About this course
This course is a combination of two courses to help you prepare for the Microsoft 365 certification exam MS-201 : Implementing a Hybrid and Secure Messaging Platform.
MS-201.1 : Defining a Hybrid Messaging Strategy
- Introduces you to the world of hybrid messaging.
- Learn how to deploy a hybrid environment for your Exchange organization and how to migrate mailboxes to Exchange Online.
- Examining available mailbox migration options, and then focus on planning for a hybrid deployment.
- Learn how to implement and troubleshoot a hybrid deployment.
MS-201.2 : Managing Messaging Security, Hygiene, and Compliance
- Learn about the different messaging-related security and compliance service configurations and settings with Exchange Server and Exchange Online.
- Examining the fundamentals of message hygiene with Exchange Online Protection and Exchange Advanced Threat Protection, as well as connection and spam filtering with Exchange.
- Examine messaging compliance solutions, such as retention and data loss prevention policies, as well as audit log investigations and eDiscovery search mechanisms from the messaging compliance perspective.
- Learn how to plan a proper deployment and how to perform the basic implementation process for each solution.
- Examining how to manage permissions that are assigned to user and admin roles.
AT COURSE COMPLETION
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Plan Mailbox Migrations
- Plan IMAP Migrations
- Plan Cutover and Staged Migrations
- Perform Advanced Migrations
- Understand Exchange Hybrid Deployment Requirements
- Run the Hybrid Configuration Wizard
- Deploy and Manage an Edge Transport Server
- Configure a Hybrid Deployment using the HCW
- Implement Advanced Hybrid Functionality
- Troubleshoot Hybrid Deployments
- Plan for Message Hygiene
- Manage Anti-Malware and Anti-Spam Policies
- Manage Advanced Threat Protection
- Plan for Messaging Compliance in the SCC
- Plan for Messaging Compliance in Exchange
- Manage Exchange Online Archiving and Auditing
- Manage Content Search
- Manage Admin Role-based Permissions
- Manage User Role-based Permissions
- Plan for Exchange Setup – RBAC and AD Split Permissions
- Basic understanding of messaging within Exchange Server or Exchange Online.
- Basic understanding of Active Directory and domain controller infrastructure along with identity management.
- Basic functional experience with Microsoft 365 services and directory synchronization.
- At least 5 years of general IT experience.
Estimate Time : 5 Days
MS-201.1 : Understanding the Modern Messaging Infrastructure
Module 1: Performing Mailbox Migrations
- Planning Mailbox Migrations
- Performing IMAP Migrations
- Performing Cutover and Staged Migrations
- Performing Advanced Migrations
Module 2: Planning a Hybrid Environment
- Exchange Hybrid Deployment Requirements
- Planning to Run the Hybrid Configuration Wizard
Module 3: Deploying and Troubleshooting a Hybrid Environment
- Deploying and Managing an Edge Transport Server
- Configuring a Hybrid Deployment using the HCW
- Implementing Advanced Hybrid Functionality
- Troubleshooting Hybrid Deployments
Module 4: Lab – Hybrid Deployment and Management
Lab : Hybrid Deployment and Management
- Exercise 1: Perform a mailbox migration to Microsoft 365
- Exercise 2: Manage hybrid scenarios
MS-201.2 : Managing Messaging Security, Hygiene, and Compliance
Module 1: Managing Message Hygiene
- Planning for Message Hygiene
- Managing Anti-Malware and Anti-Spam Policies
- Managing Advanced Threat Protection
Module 2: Managing Compliance
- Messaging Compliance in the SCC
- Messaging Compliance in Exchange
- Managing Exchange Online Archiving and Auditing
- Managing Content Search
Module 3: Managing Role-Based Permissions
- Managing Admin Roles
- Managing User Roles
- Exchange Setup – RBAC and AD Split Permission
Module 4: Lab – Manage Message Hygiene
Lab : Manage Message Hygiene
- Exercise 1: Manage message hygiene in an on-premises solution
- Exercise 2: Manage message hygiene in a cloud solution
- Exercise 3: Manage message hygiene in a hybrid solution
Siegfried Jagott is a CEO and Principal Consultant for atwork deutschland GmbH. He is a Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP) for Office Servers and Services since 2013, an award-winning author of Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Best Practices (Microsoft Press), and has been writing and technical reviewing for several Microsoft Official Curriculum (MOC) courses on various topics such as MOC 20345 – Administering Microsoft Exchange Server 2016. He currently works on Office 365 implementations with a special focus on Security, Messaging, and Identity Management for international customers.
Dennis Weber is a Consultant for atwork deutschland GmbH and has more than 10 years of experience working on different SMB and Enterprise projects. He is experienced in working with different technologies, including Windows and Linux solutions. His current focus is on Office 365 migrations and hybrid deployments for enterprise customers.
George Schweigert is a Software Engineer with Microsoft Worldwide Learning where he manages both the Microsoft 365 Enterprise Administrator and Microsoft Exchange 2019 tracks. George has over 14 years of experience in the IT field in both the private and military sectors. He transitioned from his role in the military as an IT Admin to becoming a Customer Support Engineer supporting Office 365 small to mid-size businesses. Prior to joining Microsoft, George was an Exchange Escalations Engineer for Premier Enterprises with a minimum base of 10,000 users. is a Software Engineer with Microsoft Worldwide Learning where he manages both the Microsoft 365 Enterprise Administrator and Microsoft Exchange 2019 tracks. George has over 14 years of experience in the IT field in both the private and military sectors. He transitioned from his role in the military as an IT Admin to becoming a Customer Support Engineer supporting Office 365 small to mid-size businesses. Prior to joining Microsoft, George was an Exchange Escalations Engineer for Premier Enterprises with a minimum base of 10,000 users.
Tony Frink is a 36-year veteran of the IT industry, with a background in ERP technologies, Microsoft Dynamics CRM, Microsoft Office, and Microsoft 365. He spent the first 18 years of his career in ERP software development and professional services management. He has spent the past 18 years with Microsoft and is currently a Senior Content Development Manager on the Global Customer Learning team at Microsoft Worldwide Learning. He is responsible for developing training content for Microsoft 365 and related Office products.
|Author / Publisher|
When you enrolled into this course you will automatically get a Certificate of Participation for completing the course. An example is provided below.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.