Processing Big Data with Hadoop in Azure HDInsight
- Unit Outline
- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
About this course
This course is part of the Microsoft Professional Program Certificate in Big Data.
More and more organizations are taking on the challenge of analyzing big data. This course teaches you how to use the Hadoop technologies in Microsoft Azure HDInsight to build batch processing solutions that cleanse and reshape data for analysis. In this five-week course, you’ll learn how to use technologies like Hive, Pig, Oozie, and Sqoop with Hadoop in HDInsight; and how to work with HDInsight clusters from Windows, Linux, and Mac OSX client computers.
NOTE: To complete the hands-on elements in this course, you will require an Azure subscription and a Windows, Linux, or Mac OS X client computer. You can sign up for a free Azure trial subscription (a valid credit card is required for verification, but you will not be charged for Azure services). Note that the free trial is not available in all regions. It is possible to complete the course and earn a certificate without completing the hands-on practices.
What you’ll learn
- Provision an HDInsight cluster.
- Connect to an HDInsight cluster, upload data, and run MapReduce jobs.
- Use Hive to store and process data.
- Process data using Pig.
- Use custom Python user-defined functions from Hive and Pig.
- Define and run workflows for data processing using Oozie.
- Transfer data between HDInsight and databases using Sqoop.
Estimate Time : 15-20 hours
Module 1 Getting Started with HDInsight
- Big Data, Hadoop and HDInsight
- Working with HDInsight
Module 2 Processing Big Data with Hive
- Working with Hive Tables
- Developing Hive Applications
Module 3 Going Beyong Hive with Pig and Python
- Processing Data with Pig
- Extending Pig and Hive with UDFs
- Beyond Hive – Pig and Python
Module 4 Building a Big Data Workflow
- Implementing Workflows with Oozie
- Transferring Data with Sqoop
- Orchestrating Big Data Workflows
Senior Content Developer Microsoft Learning Experiences
Graeme has been a trainer, consultant, and author for longer than he cares to remember, specializing in SQL Server and the Microsoft data platform. He is a Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert for the SQL Server Data Platform and Business Intelligence. After years of working with Microsoft as a partner and vendor, he now works in the Microsoft Learning Experiences team as a senior content developer, where he plans and creates content for developers and data professionals who want to get the best out of Microsoft technologies.
|Author / Publisher|
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.