- Unit Outline
- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
About this course
This course is designed to provide the knowledge and skills necessary to take and pass the Microsoft 365 Fundamentals examination. It is also designed to enable IT professionals to gain insight into Microsoft 365.
The course covers cloud concepts, core Microsoft 365 services, and Microsoft 365 pricing and support. It also addresses security, compliance, privacy, and trust in Microsoft 365.
This course also provides an overview of cloud computing, including the different types of cloud computing models and cloud services. Students will learn about core services, and contrast the online services with on-premises equivalents. The course also introduces the notion of device management, and describes collaboration services in Microsoft 365.
Students will also learn about common security threats and their mitigations, and how Microsoft 365 can help secure an organization’s data and devices.
Finally, students will explore the variety of Microsoft 365 subscriptions, licenses, and billing options, and learn how to obtain support.
What you’ll learn
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Describe what cloud computing is.
- Understand evolving IT operation models.
- Understand reasons for an organization to migrate to the cloud.
- Explain how an organization can use the tools and services in Microsoft 365 to elevate employees into a modern workforce.
- Understand the basis of cloud computing, including the different types of cloud computing models and cloud services.
- Identify the important features of Windows 10 Enterprise.
- Describe Microsoft Exchange Online.
- Describe Microsoft SharePoint Online.
- Describe Microsoft Teams.
- Describe Skype for Business Online.
- Identify the additional services in Microsoft 365.
- Describe Microsoft Intune.
- Describe Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus.
- Explain security services in Microsoft 365.
- Explain analytic services in Microsoft 365.
- Explain how to manage the Microsoft 365 platform and services.
- Describe the key pillars of security.
- Identify the most common security threats.
- Select an appropriate security mitigation in Microsoft 365.
- Differentiate between the different Microsoft 365 subscription and billing options.
- Manage your Microsoft 365 subscription settings.
- Add or remove a license from a user.
- Explain the typical Microsoft 365 lifecycle phases.
Estimate Time : 16 hours
- Define general cloud computing concepts.
- Explain key benefits of using cloud services.
- Describe how Microsoft 365 helps enterprises with their productivity, collaboration, security, and compliance.
- Describe the migration options that are available to Microsoft 365 subscribers.
Module 2: Core Microsoft 365 services
Description: Provides an overview of core Microsoft 365 services, and contrasts the online services with on-premises equivalents. Introduces the notion of device management, and describes collaboration services in Microsoft 365.
- Identify and describe the core services in Microsoft 365.
- Compare on-premises services with those available in the cloud through Microsoft 365.
- Explain unified endpoint management provision in Microsoft 365 services.
- Describe collaboration services in Microsoft 365.
Module 3: Security, compliance, privacy, and trust in Microsoft 365
Description: Introduces common security threats and their mitigations, and describes how Microsoft 365 can help secure your organization’s data and devices.
- Describe common security threats and mitigations facing organizations.
- Explain how Microsoft 365 uses identity to help secure your organization’s infrastructure and services.
- Explain how Microsoft 365 provides for data and device security.
- Explain how Microsoft 365 supports compliance standards, and enables your organization to remain compliant.
Module 4: Microsoft 365 pricing and support
Description: Explores the variety of Microsoft 365 subscriptions, licenses, and billing options, and introduces where and how to obtain support.
- Manage a Microsoft 365 subscription, including adding and removing user licenses.
- Update Microsoft 365 billing settings.
- Describe what support options are available in Microsoft 365, and what guarantees and service-level agreements (SLAs) it offers.
- Monitor Microsoft 365 service health.
- Create new service requests and review the status of active service requests.
Andrew is also the author/co-author of four Microsoft Press Exam Ref series book titles, including Configuring Windows Devices and Installing and Configuring Windows 10.
When not writing about Microsoft technologies, Andrew can be found in the classroom, teaching other IT professionals what they need to know to manage their organization’s IT infrastructure.
Bryan Sabol has more than 15 years of technical communication experience, specializing in instructional design and technical writing for clients that include Microsoft, Boeing, and Fujifilm.
Bryan’s coursework includes internal support training for Microsoft Windows and Office 365. He’s also a frequent author of Microsoft IT Showcase white papers.
To review samples of Bryan’s work and learn more about his skill set and interests, visit his consulting company’s website at www.crescentbeachconsulting.com.
Damir Dizdarevic is a longtime, and highly-rated lecturer on almost all Microsoft and community conferences in the eastern European region. He has over 20 years of IT experience, mostly with Microsoft platforms. He specializes in identity management, and security and server platforms.
Damir is the author of numerous Microsoft official curriculum courses in the field of server and cloud platforms, and professional articles in domestic and foreign magazines.
He has held a Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP) title for 11 years, and since 2017 has been awarded the title of Microsoft Regional Director, the only one in the area of former Yugoslavia.
Damir is currently also working as a CEO of Logosoft d.o.o. Sarajevo, one of the largest IT companies in Bosnia and Herzegovina. He occasionally writes blog articles at dizdarevic.ba/ddamirblog.
|Author / Publisher|
When you enrolled into this course you will automatically get a Certificate of Achievement for completing the course. An example is provided below.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.