PowerShell Security Best Practices
- Unit Outline
- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
About this course
This course is part of the Microsoft Professional Program in Cybersecurity.
This course that will teach students how to securely accomplish administrative tasks using Windows PowerShell 5.x. Students will review PowerShell fundamentals, learn Powershell operational security, and configuration management.
Students will also learn how to use administration tools such as Desired State Configuration (DSC) and Just Enough Administration (JEA) to configure and secure servers. This course also looks at new threats, new exploits, the ever-changing attack surface, and how to remediate them.
What you’ll learn
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Understand the architecture of Powershell;
- Deploy Powershell operational security;
- Analyze PowerShell Auditing and Logging;
- Enhance server management with Desired State Configuration and Just Enough Administration;
- Analyze and debug scripts;
- Understand Powershell based exploits and their remediation.
In addition to their professional experience, students should have:
- Experience with Windows networking
- Experience with Windows Server administration
- Experience with using Windows PowerShell
Estimate Time : 8-16 hours
Module 1 Windows PowerShell Fundamentals
- Windows PowerShell Architecture
- PowerShell editions and versions
- Running Windows PowerShell
Module 2 PowerShell Operational Security
- Managing Local Script Execution with Windows PowerShell
- Managing Remote Execution Capabilities of Windows Powershell
- Constraints Endpoints
- Language Mode
- Anti-Malware Scan Interface (AMSI)
Module 3 Implementing PowerShell based Security
- Windows PowerShell DSC
- Just Enough Administration (JEA)
- Windows Powershell Auditing and Logging
Module 4 Windows PowerShell-based Exploits and their Mitigation
- Windows PowerShell based Attacks
- Windows PowerShell based security tools
Marcin is a systems engineer with 20+ years of experience in IT.
MVP: Microsoft MVP in Directory Services for the last 10 years
MCT: Microsoft Certified Trainer
|Author / Publisher|
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
There are no reviews yet.